Celibacy/Abstinence/Stress in the head while doing meditation

I am a beginner in japa(meditation), though i have been practicing yoga for a long time now.

Whenever i do meditation i feel a lot of stress in the head. Its like someone is pressing my head from all sides.

My way of doing meditation is: following a mantra in my mind and concentrate at the center of eyebrows or little bit above.

Q1)- What's the reason for the pain?

Q2)- When will i be able to see the divine light which will guide me(soul) to the almighty? i mean how much time does it take?

1. This is an indication that purification of the physical body has not been properly attended to. Apply all the Yogic practices as suggested in past answers. Perform meditation as described in earlier. This will solve the issue.

2. Some people see light at the start while others don't. Seeing any kind of light is not necessary. It is only a distraction. What is required is to develop perfect control of the mind in day to day activity and eventually merge it into the Atman. He who achieves this is alone the Brahmachari and not one who see's some light or vision.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.