Celibacy/Abstinence/Wearing the Langot

Namaste Sir,
i have started wearing langot and it has been almost 20 days. i m 22 years old and a student.  I have several problems which i would like to put up -

1. After removing langot before sleeping i get little itching on sides and marks have come up on my hips because of the tight grip, is this ok ?

2. while sitting i can feel my testis slightly touching the place on which i m sitting. resultantly i have to keep my legs somewhat wide open to be comfortable. If i bring my legs close to each other so as to touch knee to knee, i can't do so. this exerts good pressure on my genitals. Is this fine ?

3. is excessive sleep bad for brahmacharya ? how many hours is adequate ?

Thank You

1. Yes. This is harmless.

2. When the Langot is worn firm and tight, the testicles are held firm, integral to the body and not away from it. The condition you describe is an indication that the cloth has not been pulled tight enough. Wrapping it tight will solve the problem. There is no harm done while pressing the knees together.

3. Seven hours.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.