Celibacy/Abstinence/In the course of practice

Hello dhananjay,

I have two questions,

1. I am into 3rd week of brahmacharya with clear thoughts but I am finding it hard as sometimes I just want to give in to be like everyone else in their lustful ways as I feel like Maya is trying to bring me down but I see them as little tests, does maya do this?

2. When I used my penis more it was larger but now I don't use it in a sexual way I find that it is smaller than it was before during the day, why is this?

Hope to hear from you soon,

1. Till a few years of unbroken practice with God devotion are not achieved, there is always a strong tug of war. It is a challenge which everyone has to face and bear with.

2. Simply ignore the physical parameters. They are not of any consequence.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.