Celibacy/Abstinence/Dealing with temptation

QUESTION: Namaskar
I am 22 years old. After reading this website I resolved to follow brahmacharya throughout my life. Would like to state certain facts to assist you appreciate my doubts. Before taking Brahmacharya Vow:
-physical masturbation around 300 times
-mental masturbation around 1000 times or even more (could recall)

1. Though it has been 1 month now and i have not at all masturbated. I took care of all essentials of brahmacharya and my been successful in it. I didn't suppress but sublimated libidinous urges. I have been extremely careful in avoiding all sensual stuff whether at net (by installing K9 software as u suggested) or TV or public spaces. However, i think there was a mental fall a couple of times. Actually the problem is that there are almost 50 percent girls in my college. They wear all sorts of raunchy clothes. I treat them as mothers and try to keep away. But the problem comes when i go for food - at breakfast, lunch and dinner, as the mess is common for both boys and girls. Some girls wear so short clothes that even a look causes sexual excitement. I just look my food and do not see else-wear to avoid this. However, at times while am eating some or the other girl comes and sits next to me while eating. If she wears decent clothes it doesn't matter. But sometimes the clothes are so short (i mean their cleavage can be clearly seen, and shorts lay bare their entire leg region barring only hip area). In such situations what shall i do ? If I get up and sit elsewear, they will feel bad and generally would not be a sign of good etiquette. but if i sit there, it takes great exertion to eat food and talk to them avoiding their semi-nudity.
what shall i do ?

2. Initially while starting Brahmacharya vow took me great deal to avoid any sensuous object. however, in 1 month i feel more comfortable and confident. I feel more self-restraint in myself. So shall i now sit with girls while eating or no this is the just the tip of iceberg ?

3. on net as well as on tv i avoided any sort of sensual stuff - be it woman sports or vulgar films or songs. I even restrained speaking vulgar words. Now i feel more confident. Shall i still continue with same restraint or can a little flexibility be given ?

Thank You
Om Tat Sat

ANSWER: 1. Such challenges are faced by all Brahmachari-s. These are hurdles which one should overcome through diligent Sadhana and much meditation on the self. In the course of a few years of unbroken practice, one gets access to 'Gnyana' (knowledge of the truth) which results in non-reaction under such circumstances by hinging on to the Atman (self).

2. Till the Atman (self) is not realized, one is always at the tip of the iceberg. Every aspirant has to do whatever is required to maintain cent percent Brahmacharya in thought, word & deed.

3. Answer 2. covers Query 3.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: namaskar
though this may sound rude but i cannot but stop asking you. Sir, are you a urdhreta, have you achieved perfect brahmacharya, have you realized your atman ?

I have reposed great trust on you and therefore am forced to ask this. For how do i trust someone's methods who himself is trying the same, how can i trust someone who himself is not the perfect one ?

This is not to impugn your incredible service but clear a genuine doubt

thank you

To know if someone is the 'Perfect One', one  himself has to first become perfect. A 'Gnyani' can be identified only by another Gnyani, for residence in the self is wholly internal without any external characteristics. This query will get answered all by itself then.

If the Lord wills, HE might make you follow these methods for the development of Brahmacharya. Else, HE might not. Hence leave the matter to HIM.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.