Celibacy/Abstinence/Influencing others

About how we influence events and persons with the practice of brahmacharya and specifically one pointed concentration. From my little experience in this, I think its an evil practice. For example some books about magnetism or such psychic practice ask oneself to concentrate on someone who is not even looking at you and tell in your mind that that specific person to bend over and look at you, all mentally as if thought can be projected.

Before when I was a bit ignorant reading Osho and Durville books about etheric influence, I tried to practice it but after some three years I felt like the world has lost all its beauty, as if the world and humans even familiars didnt have any value, I had like a demonic and cold way of thinking. For example when I didnt practice it, nobody approached me to talk in school or work, after it it  changed. This in a course of first 3 weeks. Then I said to myself, "those persons talk to me because of this practice even if my personality didnt change a bit", they ignored me and more I practice this more their attitude change. I said to myself if the world works that way, then this world is rubbish, love and friendship between beings is rubbish and miracles small or great could be impressive but are of no importance.

If one continue to pratice this mind-control technique for long time it creates lot of hate and no compassion for the world right? I felt it was evil and I stopped to be interested in those type of teachings about "mind control and etheric magnetism".

Who influences and who gets influenced? The Ego with its vested interests tries to influence another Ego/body for some selfish gain which eventually causes harm to both. Misusing the energy gained through Brahmacharya for such purposes will undoubtedly bring suffering and much unwanted karma. The practice itself breaks in due course. It is not the way of the virtuous.

The purpose of Brahmacharya is to know one's self. Let go that which wants to influence and that which is to be influenced, following which the Atman (pure self) alone remains. It is of the nature of knowledge, peace and unexplained bliss.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.