Celibacy/Abstinence/Meditation on the self and charity

Question
Hello,

1-Can someone meditate on the self even if he doesnt do good deeds to others or society?  I cant give much to others since i dont have much myself.

2-By your own knowledge of Yoga and meditation, do practicing total bramacharya and meditation on the self increase your spirit without adding charity? I mean by that if your spirit becomes stronger and siddhis.

3-If I abstain from bad deeds and avoiding that way bad merit and practice both total brahmacharya and mediate on the self, can I still progress and achieve Moksha or Nirvana?

Thanks

Answer
1. Your first duty is to realize your self. When this is achieved, you will realize there are no 'others' and that all are a part of your own self which is infinite. You will then be in a better position as regards service.

2. Striving to realize one's self is the greatest charity. No gift of money or any other consideration equals such effort. Hence it follows that such action gives the best outcome from all aspects.

3. Yes.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay