Celibacy/Abstinence/Nocturnal emission after 30 days

QUESTION: Greetings Dhananjay ji,

I have been practising Brahmacharya from past one month. Everything was fine until last night. I sleep at 9 pm to wake up during Brahmamuhurtha at 4 am but i had to wake up in the middle of the night because of nocturnal emission. I tried to stop it but it was too late.

I felt very bad after this. Is the loss of semen from nocturnal emission same as it is done consciously?

I noticed few things which i feel led to the emission.

- I drank 2 glass of water just before going to sleep.

- When i woke up due to wet dream, i was not at my left side. i was   sleeping on my back. But at the time i slept i was on my left side.

Does these thinhs could have played any role in Nocturnal emission?

ANSWER: 1. Avoid drinking water before retiring to bed. It is advisable to get done with the same before Sunset.

2. Nocturnal emissions gradually become infrequent the course of a few years of unbroken Brahmacharya (if the practice is correct) and disappear completely after the Yogi becomes an Urdhvareta. What is important from the aspirant's side is to strive for honest Brahmacharya while awake and leave the rest to HIM.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Does the amount of vital fluid we lose through Wet dreams same as masturbation?

I mean have i lost all the semen preserved for 30 days because of this wet dream?

Other thing i want to know is what is the alternative of White sugar we use regularly as it is tamasic, yogis may be using something else?

1. The energy lost through an involuntary nocturnal emission is much lesser as compared to a voluntary loss (which is most harmful and equals a break).

2. Jaggery ('Gud'- in Hindi) is the alternative.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.