Celibacy/Abstinence/Virginity

Question
I am turning 18 and I feel like it's time I started having sex.  I have never had sex or done anything sexual with a  boy until now.  Will it hurt me to have sex for the first time?  Is there anything I can do between now and then to make it easier?

Answer
I hope you will have sex when you find a partner that you want to be sexual with and not only because you have reached a particular age.  

Some women feel pain their first time but most don't.  The pain is usually caused by the vaginal wall muscles not being able to relax.  It helps if you're relaxed and not uptight your first time.  It is also useful if you have been masturbating internally with fingers or objects, which can greatly make your vagina more accustomed to having something inside it.

Celibacy/Abstinence

Doug Adams, Ph.D.