Celibacy/Abstinence/Advice on handling certain situations

Question
respected sir,
         i stay in a residential college and am a fresher there , so many a times seniors shout and command us to go to various functions and in competitions and sometimes have ragging sessions which is though verbal but very much on derogatory topics, sometimes it might also mean to keep awake until late night and hearing and seeing them do unworthy acts on topics which we are trying to get rid of through practice of yoga and brahmacharya.
my question is what should be my stand in such situation, should i refuse to go or go where they say . In situations should i inform them that i am leaving or not going or should i silently move away without hearing a word what they say according to what i may think to be right.please give some yardstick to know what is right and what will lead towards self realization .

my second question is that here the only good company that i find is in the bhaktivedanta club, but their philosophy is quite different from the advaita philosophy,like they say that soul has a form according to which it gets a body and man gets next birth according to what he thinks at the end of his life and a lot of talk on consciousness, conscious space etc.also the bhagavad gita by bhaktivedanta swami is completely focused on krishna consciousness and it does not give any other path even little importance(my view is based on the overview of the book).should i keep attending their lectures only to find some good company and ignore the differences in opinions, keeping hold of the philosophy followed here.
thank you

Answer
1. Stay calm with a smile and do not react. People behave in their own way, based on their individual nature and temperament. Let them say or do what they want. What is important is to be firm regarding one's stand and outlook. One need not participate in those situations which cause discomfort. If people still don't understand, silence is the best answer. Just as a Brahmachari does not object or come in the way of other's actions, he does not let others dictate him what should be done or not done.

When such a firm yet polite approach is practiced, people eventually realize the fallacy of their actions and leave him alone. These are tests in real life where one should remain calm and unruffled, despite trying situations. One who does so always emerges victorious.

2. There is only one force which is the power behind everything. That force comes from the formless Lord who can take a form as well. HE is one, while HIS manifestations are many. It does not matter what one calls HIM, as long as the calling is with love and devotion. HE is the life force behind every living being (while they themselves do not know this) and is present in things non-living as well. There is not such a place anywhere where HE does not exist. Your true self is this very Lord, while the 'I-ness' people relate to is the ignorant Ego.

When this much is kept in mind and related with, nothing which happens in the dream world matters. One is forever immersed in the beauty of the Lord, which is the self itself. One then experiences silence and peace even in the most crowded and noisy place.

Simply practice a life of Yoga & Brahmacharya as described earlier to know the self with devotion to HIM. As you persevere and progress, you will slowly go beyond susceptibility to external factors and savor the beauty of the Atman (self) at all times. Silence and contemplation on the truth alone matter. For that, one should keep the mind still on the formless Lord, the self. That itself is meditation. For such a Yogi, there is naught the need to spend time with groups of people indulging in noisy discussions about who the Lord is or is not.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay