Celibacy/Abstinence/Breath & Prana

Question
To improve your health and obtain some longevity, the method is of doing long breathing naturally and at the same time focusing the mind while doing so. Offcourse you practice at the same time total brahmacharya.

1- But what is the reason that if you breath with a focused mind it gives you energy and when you breath with a restless mind it doesnt givr you so much?

2- There is two schools in breathing practice. One is the energy (prana) you get, is the energy  that comes to the spirit (internal) from the external (in this case through breathing air) or
- this energy which revitalize the body and mind comes from the mind or spirit itself (from the internal it passes to the external) as a sort of implosion. SOrry for my english, I dont know if you understand what I mean. The air you inspire is what I mean by external energy you absorb and that helps the internal (body and spirit in this case). The focusing of the mind itself gives energy to the external (body and spirit) in this case) is what I mean by internal to external. What is the correct opinion?

Thanks

Answer
1. Breath is the fuel that runs the mind. Without breath, there is no mind. A restless mind wanders from object to object, thereby causing loss of Prana (vital energy) and equilibrium. Such a state gradually reduces longevity, as there is constant loss of Prana. A wandering mind also acquires more Samskara-s (impressions) further to developing desire and attachment to the objects it roves on.

If the breath is stilled, the mind is stilled. The Yogi accomplishes this through Pranayama. The stilled mind automatically merges into its source - The Atman. Then there is silence and absolute being; completely still and infinite. That is the soul state.

2. There is only one Prana. It is neither external nor internal but universal. It comes from universal consciousness of which the Atman (self) is an integral part.

The mind and body are considered separate from the cosmos (by virtue of the Ego - The product of ignorance) and these require external breath (for the mind) and food (for the body) to sustain. Though the Atman (self) itself is the source of all energy, man in this state is not able to sustain without external breath and food due to the subject-object perspective. When the Ego is destroyed completely as in 'Nirvikalpa Samadhi', then the body remains suspended, yet alive, without the need for food or breath.

The mind is not the source of energy. The Atman (self) is. The mind is only flow of thoughts arising from the Ego, and another unreal illusion. When this illusion is overcome by irreversible realization, then one resides as the self in the self without any other awareness. That is Yoga.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay