Celibacy/Abstinence/Immortality & body

I've been reading along the lines of Immortality and Spirit body. Somewhere I had also read that in the Srutis state that a man's full life span is a hundred years.

I'm wondering if Brahmacharya and Yoga have anything in common with the teachings of Immortality, birthing a Spirit body, or obtaining a Rainbow Body, according to the Tibetans and how the Yoga explains this phenomena. I'm also interested in talk of the fourth dimension and leaving/entering material world at will.

I've heard of many people living past a hundred years old, although it is a rare and honorable occurrence. What is a long and what is a maximum lifespan of someone that truly accomplishes the ultimate goal of Yoga and Brahmacharya? I have heard that one leaves life at will in order to complete the ultimate goal, but my particular interest is wondering at the possible lifespan.

For my final question, are there any particularly AWESOME places that you know of that I could delve into the Yoga tradition? I can download sacred books onto my iPhone but not all of them. Nor can I find a place abundant with incredible stories about the stuff I'm asking. AND MORE!!

1. Real immortality is to the Atman (soul) and not the body, for that which has a beginning also has an end. The Atman alone is without a beginning and therefore without an end.

2. Such true immortality (of residing permanently as the Atman without rebirth in any kind of a body) cannot be achieved without irreversible realization of the self, for which Brahmacharya is one of the most important means.

3. Whether rebirth occurs in a physical body or the 'Sukshma Sharira' (astral or subtle body), it is still not of any use as long as one cannot reside in and as the self.

3. Who leaves which world and who enters? That which goes and comes is the Ego which is to be destroyed. When this is achieved, there is nowhere to go or return. The endless self alone remains.

4. My dear friend, what will you achieve by living a hundred or a thousand years with desire? Does it reduce your suffering? Does it give you absolute freedom from the mind and the body and their limitations? Rather, such a long life without attaining the knowledge of the self becomes a bane.

As long as one lives, one should direct his mind towards realizing his self and accept that which is in the course of his destiny. Who is it who wishes for a thousand years? It is again the ignorant Ego. As long as this thief is not got rid of for ever, one can never be at complete peace.

The purpose of Yoga & Brahmacharya is to realize oneself. The purpose is not to extend the life of this physical body to figures of one's fancy. Rather, such a desire if existent is to be overcome through the attainment of 'Gnyana' (knowledge of the truth). Such a desire of clinging to the body is itself an obstacle to realize the self. It is to be got rid of.

The true 'Bhakta' (devotee of the Lord) does not wish for anything but knowledge of the self. He surrenders completely to the Lord, accepting that which comes by HIS grace. Finally, even this desire to know the self goes away (for that is also a desire of the Ego). That is the point just before realization, following which the desire-free self, full of infinite bliss alone remains.

The only place beyond description worth visiting is the ocean of the self. First reach it, following which there will be no more queries.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.