Celibacy/Abstinence/Life attitude

Question
Namaste Sir,

I had previously asked question regarding career and your guidance proved very very valuable to me as I do not think about the outcome of my action and try to be at my best in studies.

As I have already lost much desire about worldly pleasures I also tell my mind that I had took so many births here on earth, enjoyed all sensual pleasures had many parents,wife, children,property,achievements and what not but in this birth its time to go to real home.When I tell this to mind I feel very peaceful and at-least for sometime desire-less.

I want to know Sir if this is right technique?

Another question on my mind is should we plan about our life(e.g. finance) in general or live life on day-to-day basis without caring about future and performing duty.

Answer
1. There is no harm in the technique. But what should be the correct attitude behind such a train of thought? The correct attitude should be to maintain a detached perspective as regards all those things. It does not mean that one tries to run away from the world, detests people, relationships or material objects. That is not the correct approach, for that amounts to 'Dvesa' (hatred or revulsion) towards people, the world and its objects which is contrary to Yoga.

The true Yogi neither hates nor loves the world. He see's it as a changing, unreal dream upon his Atman (eternal self), all the time being detached from it in reality. This eventually helps him reside as the Atman, whatever be the external conditions dictated by his 'Prarabdha' (such as marriage, children, career etc.)

He does not run away from these, as he knows he has to perform the duty assigned to him by the Lord, be it as a husband, father, son or an employee at work. He performs these with a calm, relaxed and detached perspective. This is the best approach.

2. If one surrenders to God and carries out his 'Dharma' (actions to know the self) correctly, the higher power automatically makes the body & mind go through that which is required for an assured future. The planning will also be taken care of by HIM, and HIS plans are always perfect. Hence perform your Dharma honestly and relax with a smile, all the time enjoying the bliss of the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay