Celibacy/Abstinence/On Nadi Shodhana

Question
I want to know the adavantages of Nadi shoodhi with breath retention over without breath retention. I get distracted while doing breath retention and takes much more time though i don't have any other problem. Just curious to know.

Answer
1. There is no breath retention in 'Nadi Shodhana' but just slow inhalation and exhalation through the alternate nostrils.

2. Breath retention arises in 'Pranayama'.

The purpose of both is to purify the body/mind and prepare the mind to merge into the self. Perform the complete process as described in past answers without omission. Mental distraction will eventually subside by itself.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay