Celibacy/Abstinence/An experience

Some time ago, I asked about an experience I had when practicing third eye meditatiopn in bed in supine position. I suddenly saw all white with closed eyes and felt litteraly aspired upward, so strong sensation I stopped the meditation. You answered me it was when prana is filling the higher chakras. Do this means the experience was a state of trance even if im not religious? ANd can someone with no religion or religious belief achieve samadhi? I mean there were some non religious figure who at the same time were very spiritual like Socrates, Confuciuss, Plato, etc. WHat do you think?

1. There is no vision or experiencing in Samadhi.

2. Religion and Samadhi have no connection, Samadhi being the state of the pure self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.