Celibacy/Abstinence/Food and Bandha-s

Question
Dear friend,

1) In what breathing state is mahabandha performed?
2) For how long should the beginner hold each bandha and how should this duration be increased?
3) Is it okay to have a reasonably heavy breakfast and skip lunch? I feel extremely hungry in the morning but not so in the afternoon. I try having a breakfast of five fruits and milk but I still hungry, even if I have Rabi, is it okay to eat the previous days food as well from the fridge, or will this harm me in the long term?
4) My evening meal, which I need, is cooked at lunch, is this okay to eat as well? I don't have the time to cook right now and even if I did, my efforts would cause all sorts of problems and misunderstandings. Garlic and onion is also unavoidable in the present circumstances.

Answer
1. Kumbkaka

2. 3~5 seconds. The duration should not be increased.

3. Breakfast should preferably consist of cooked food made of some cerial or grain. It should be filling and larger in qty than lunch or dinner. A banana may be eaten after breakfast. Mere fruits do not make a breakfast. A fruit meal with some milk & a little food (if necessary) is for the evening. Do not skip lunch; eat some.

4. Eat what is available earlier in the evening than later at night. As suggested, let the evening dinner consist of a little cooked food and more of fruits/raw vegetables.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay