Celibacy/Abstinence/Using the Langot

Question
Sir,
You mentioned that one should remove langot while resting especially at night. Should the langot be removed even if one is resting for an hour after having food in afternoon. Sometimes due to excessive tiredness I rest lying down on bed for 10-15 minutes. Should langot be removed even then ?
What is the scientific point of view with regards removing langot while sleeping/ resting ?
What if I don't lie down but rest sitting on chair ? Should langot be removed even then?
Should the langot be completely removed or even little loosening will do when taking rest ?

Thank You

Answer
1. Not necessary.

2. The Langot should be removed before going to bed at night so as to relax the genital area and aid normal erections which occur in sleep.

For short periods of rest during the day, one may loosen it if one feels like.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay