Celibacy/Abstinence/Wearing Sacred mala.

Question
Hi Dhananjay,

hope you are doing fine, I have a question yesterday my father told me to wear a sacred mala of spatika and rudraksha and other stones in one mala and he told that it was kept in japa puja done some years back and it is very sacred.so i thought of wearing it today after bath but today morning i had a wet dream. I didn't wear the mala and decided to wear on starting of durga navaratri's which are in next month.i thought if i wear i may commit a sin. One some days i did't even ate prasad. so if a unforeseen situation like this what should be our decision.
  Kindly give your valuable advice.

Thanks,
Ganapathi.

Answer
Holding on to the state of the self through Sadhana is what matters. Then, one is always in meditation, whatever be the nature of external activity. That is the greatest religion, Dharma and state of auspiciousness.

Wear the Mala at the start of Navaratri with a vow for honest Sadhana to know the self. All these external things are only symbols to remind oneself to perform uninterrupted Sadhana and not more.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay