Celibacy/Abstinence/Body heat & Brahmacharya

Hello, Since I practice mental brahmacharya as you say for some weeks now, which means I never go into sex thoughts, at night when I sleep with just some little clothes, I have to open the window even when the temperature outside is around 0C. I feel hot in the face, the legs, the neck, at the top of the head. Since it happens after I began mental brahmacharya I feel this is related. Is it because the body has more prana available and prana gives heat? ANd when you practice mental brahmacharya, does it become harder to continue after some weeks or months or it will remain stable and the same?

1. Increase in vital energy, further to Brahmacharya, reduces the need for external heat. This makes the aspirant not feel much cold, in an atmosphere where the common man feels so. Since there is an increase in body heat, one may not feel comfortable in excessive clothing.

2. Merging the mind into the Atman (self) is Brahmacharya. Nothing else is. The sexual aspect is incidental and not central. As long as one strives to merge the mind into the Atman (self) with the required practices, he has done his part. Stability comes in the course of time, with diligent and uninterrupted practice.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.