Celibacy/Abstinence/Effectiveness of Brahmacharya

I have seen many people who have abstained from sex for many years (at least I think so). Yet, I see them overcome with tiredness, stress, health problems etc. My question is: is there any difference between normal celibacy and brahmacharya? I am a little confused.

My second question is: what should be my morning schedule and breakfast in order to follow brahmacharya with great effect?

1. Mere abstinence from physical sex (celibacy) or repression of sexual thoughts at the mental level is of no use. It leads to ill-health and unrest. What is required is to overcome the sex drive itself through transmutation of sexual energy into higher realms and finally realize the Atman (self), which is unlimited and infinite. One then resides in the self as the self, without identification with the non-self (comprising of the body, mind and the world). This is what is required.

2. Wake up by 4.00 A.M, freshen up & drink a large glass of water, followed by a glass of warm milk. Perform the complete set of Yogic practices as suggested earlier, with devotion and surrender to the Lord, to realize the self. Let his be followed by meditation on the Atman (self), as described in past answers.

Drink a cup of ragi or wheat malt (preparation described earlier) after getting done with the meditation. One can then have a morning bath and attend to his other responsibilities, all the time holding on to the self, as one did in meditation.

3. Eat the available breakfast, as early as possible, ensuring that it is filling and wholesome. This should suffice.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.