Celibacy/Abstinence/My experience with brahmacharya

Question
Hello,

SInce teen age I masturbated a lot until 24-25 years old, Im now 28. At the age of 24-25 I started to practice brahmacharya without much knowledge and was able to practice it for 7 months even though no meditation, with just one wet dream in the entire period. So now when I recollect I am impressed to be able to do it without much trouble for long time in my first try, after masturbating for such long time. People around say I looked like a military or something, and asked if I ever get a no answer. Then I fall because I didnt have much knowledge (just reading some incomplete gnostic stuff)and say to myself : "its just one break". WHen I practiced brahmacharya I didnt even know for sure if the advantage I got was because of it, and I practiced easily without knowing much. And then I restarted again and fall, restarted and fall, restarted and fall, never able to have more than 3 weeks of brahmacharya at a time. The first period of 7 months I felt i was being helped from high but when I do the effort myself alone I always fell. Now I asked God in humility to help with this and never boast myself and dont get angry or jealous, and gave my IPAD to a woman. I dont understand how I could remained with brahamcharya in the first try for long period of time without much knowledge... DO you get support from God or angels with this practice? Now that i know this alchemy transformation, is repracticing brahmacharya repeatedly after many falls an insult to God?

Answer
1. The initial success was further to the help from above, to orient you into the practice.

2. For further success, you should apply these two principles without a break:-

I. Become completely humble, let go of the 'I-ness' (Ego) which indulges in self-flattery and always keep in mind - "The 'I-ness' - Ego does nothing and is incapable of anything, having no existence of its own. It is only an illusion, shining by the light of the Atman (self), just as the moon which has no light shines by the light of the Sun. I will not let it crop up its head, but will ever remain humble with surrender to the Supreme."

II. With such an attitude bereft of the actions of the Ego, the mind should be turned inwards through honest and regular Sadhana, using the eight Anga-s (limbs) of Yoga as suggested in past answers with devotion to the Supreme. When such sincere efforts with an austere life of purity are applied continuously for many years, one gradually ascends to being in the state of the self for longer periods of time and Brahmacharya becomes rock steady.

Always remember the Ego to be the chief source of trouble. He who conquers the Ego is no different from the Lord, having merged into his true state. He is the one who has woken up from the dream called life into the reality of pure consciousness.

Do not worry about failure. Simply focus on what has been said above and persevere. All that has to come will come.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay