Celibacy/Abstinence/Failures in Brahmacharya

Question
Since a failure in brahmacharya can be considered a separation of God, is it like laughing at God when restartinf? Ive read in old post to dont worry much about failures but concentrate in the future. Can this be done? For example I ask myself if after a break I restart can I have benefits again If I practice it for the same period of time. The subject of the consequence of a failure is very important.

Answer
1. Failure occurs when one succumbs to the ignorance surrounding the Atman, under the action of Maya. He who wishes to attain unbroken Brahmacharya, which is nothing but residing in the self as the self should therefore work at annulling those embedded seeds of ignorance. This is possible only through uninterrupted 'Sadhana' (practice of the required methods) and 'Vairagya' (dispassion for the world, reminding oneself of its ephemeral nature).

There is no reason to despair, as the purpose of this birth is attain to the self. Through breaks and falls, the aspirant gradually realizes the smallness of his Ego and comes to the firm belief that recreational sexuality is not the way to happiness. The realization that everything 'Anatma' (non-self) to be an illusion, gradually dawns. This knowledge then helps him turn inwards and look for his true self, which itself is endless bliss & pure consciousness. One's true nature of Godliness, without the need for anything external, eventually becomes known.

2. Can one separate himself from his very own self? There is only one self and being there is itself Brahmacharya. Trying to give up Brahmacharya, once it has been initiated by the higher power is therefore impossible. There is no other course but to restart the practice. Not doing so will only lead to more sorrow. When HE decides to put the Jiva into the practice, it is final. The Ego cannot do anything even if it stubbornly tries to walk away; the strings from above will not let it happen.

Therefore, the wise thing to do is to stop lamenting over what has happened and focus on what is to be done at the present, to get established in proper practice. If this is rightly carried out, whatever benefits destined, will come by themselves. One will regain what he lost and eventually realizes that the one who lost or gained was not the self.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay