Celibacy/Abstinence/Pranayama & Meditation

I am preparing myself to start doing pranayama in the morning. However in the evening I will be coming back from office only at 8-9:pm. Hence I am wondering whether it is ok to do Pranayama only in the morning. Or can I do it in the morning and around 10pm in the night before dinner.

ANSWER: 1.Perform the complete set of Yogic practices consisting of Asana, Bandha, Nadi shodhana, Pranayama and meditation as suggested in past answers, early in the morning, before Sunrise.

2. Mediate for 15 minutes on the formless Lord, before retiring to bed at night, without asking anything in return.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Thanks for your kind reply, I could access the previous material provided by you in the below link

Also I would like to clarify about 3 bandhas. How many times do we have to perform bandhas before starting nadi sodhana.

As a layman with no help from any guru, can I simply start doing bandhas or is it necessary to do any preliminary exercises before this. I feel that if we do these asanas wrongly the effect can be disastrous hence the question.

thank you for your kind attention

1. Each Bandha is to be performed 3 times.

2. Learn the Asana-s suggested in past answers from a competent Hata yoga teacher and perform the same.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.