Celibacy/Abstinence/Questions on life

Dear Dhananjay, Request for answers to my following doubts.

1. Why has God made so much suffering?

2. I have practiced Brahmacharya for a few months but sometimes feel like going back to my old sex life. What will happen if I do so?

3. If someone doesn't believe in God and self-realization, will he still get liberation? What if he decides to lead a life for pleasure without any desire for these? what is his future?

Thanks for your time and efforts.

1. Who suffers? It is the body & the Ego. You, the Atman, never suffers, being beyond the illusion called suffering. To make you realize you are not the body or Ego, to make you overcome this false identity which you believe in, are they subjected to suffering. Suffering is the way to overcome belief in the unreal.

2. Whatever you do, you will come back to Brahmacharya and will eventually make it your way of life, so as to realize yourself. This is how it is ordained. The wise realize this soon and make all efforts to stay true to the path.

3. Desire for pleasure is an attempt for happiness, the objective of every person. Is there any person who attempts to be unhappy? Is there any living creature which wishes unhappiness and pain? The objective of the universe is itself well being. Every action of every being, from morning to night is only for happiness and well being. There is no other force which drives the world.

The error is in searching for this happiness outside. It is the external search which is the mistake. When one realizes this truth, he also realizes that his very nature is happiness. He realizes that it was present within, all along, so close, so within himself as his own self. That truth is itself God, that entity within, one's real self, which is always in bliss is itself God.

So it is impossible for anyone to go away from God, even if he wills so, when he himself has no other independent existence. Therefore, all beings will eventually come to realize this truth, be they believers or non-believers. Self-realization is not something new which is to be achieved. Realizing who one truly is, is itself enlightenment. It has always been there and will always be. Nothing new happens. One only overcomes the false identity and realizes his true identity, which has no identity. That itself is liberation.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.