Dear Sir,

Six months ago, I left my job due to exhaustion. It was the second time I had left the same company for the same reason. Following an incredible succession of events, I am back at this job once again. It is a good job and I feel much differently about it this time. I feel much more confident and less stressed about doing the job. There are still challenges, but I feel these can be faced and handled. I feel a sense of recognition from others for my work and who I am as a person. All of these changes, including better diet and sleep, I credit to brahmacharya. It is really unbelievable and I thank you once again for your support.

Today I was walking to a meeting which had me somewhat nervous. I realized my role was to rest in the self and accept whatever happened as God's will. It occurred to me that surrendering to the moment, even when I was afraid, was in a sense 'practice' for ultimately surrendering my ego to the infinite and throwing myself, though perhaps terrified, to the mercy of God.

Ron D.

1. When the vehicle you are travelling in is carrying you, as well as your luggage, do you strain yourself by keeping the luggage on your shoulders? You keep the luggage somewhere in the vehicle, forget all about it, relax and enjoy the journey. Carrying one's luggage on his shoulders, while seated in the vehicle is not necessary.

2. In the same way, HE is carrying you, making your mind and body do that which is necessary for your evolution, in the journey to the land beyond sorrow. Why should you worry, fight or strain yourself with the circumstances you encounter on the way when taking you to the destination is HIS responsibility? Simply relax on HIS able shoulders by putting all your weight and worries on HIM. HE takes as much weight and responsibility as one transfers.

Therefore, the wise transfer all their responsibilities to HIM, become free of all expectations or worry, and watch as mere witnesses, the unfolding drama called life, all the time holding onto HIM tight, engulfed in HIS thought. Being the all powerful, all knowing, Supreme Lord of Lord's, the great primal being without a second, HE takes care of everything, treating those who surrender to HIM as a loving father treats his little children, with sureness and affection.

All that is required is to do that which is expected in the line of one's duty, to the extent possible at the given moment, without expectation, and relax. The rest, HE takes care...

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.