Celibacy/Abstinence/Effects of Smoking

Question
Hi Sir,

I wish to know how long term -smoking affect one spiritual growth or mental state ?

Previously you have discuss about alcohol and meat, I appreciate your answers to these question.

I would like to ask about smoking via Bramacharya because I believe it should not left out

Thanks
Al

Answer
Smoking makes the entire system toxic and gradually kills the living cells. 'Ojas' gets destroyed further to such toxification, degenerating the entire system and especially the brain. As living cells get destroyed, the body slowly loses immunity and becomes prone to various illnesses & diseases. Internal decay sets in motion, fouling both the body & the mind.

Any kind of addiction impedes attainment of the natural Atmic state. Addiction to smoking causes constant unrest, agitation and a sense of dissatisfaction, which the addict tries to relieve through more indulgence. This further devitalizes the system, pushing the person into a vicious cycle. Those wishing well being should get free of all forms of addictions, especially substance abuse such as tobacco, alcohol & drugs.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay