Celibacy/Abstinence/Exercise tiredness

Hi Dhananjay,

One of the most difficult periods during which to control lust is the time immediately following physical tiredness. Suppose one has played a basketball match or finished a grueling exam. When the mind and body are tired and one looks to relax, the sexual urge becomes highly appeallingy and very hard to control, leading one to want to look at pornography or indulge oneself sinfully.

I would like some sure-fire ways to help the mind and body recover when they are exhausted. The logic is simple: WHEN I AM ALERT AND AWAKE, I am fully conscious of all impressions and can resist maya easily; however, when tired, this control diminishes.

How can these periods of tiredness be dealt with? Should one sleep or take a short nap in the middle of them to prevent a break?

One can take a brief nap and relax, till one feels refreshed. It is also useful to practice slow, deep breathing, with the mind kept blank, so as to keep away from lust.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.