Celibacy/Abstinence/Job Interviews and Playing a Role

I have a serious problem. I cannot interview well anymore.

Before I came into spirituality, I was naturally a good interviewer because I would tell people what they wanted to hear, and did not really care about the "truth" as long as it's my job. I was SO,SO good at playing a role and interviewing with people to get a job offer. In fact, I would get an offer in every single interview that I had.

Now I have several problems:

1.) I appear very nonchalant and laid back, so whenever I interview, I sound like I simply don't care about getting the job
2.) I can't interview well at these firms
3.) I can't tell people a "lie;" PEOPLE can see right through my acting now, and my acting is now completely useless, and doesn't help me interview well. Anyone can see my lack of enthusiasm and my artificial expressions and say, "this kid actually doesn't care." Even though I try and do as you say, "act in a certain role," my nonchalance easily comes through

I DON't KNOW why God took this skill away from me, but without it, I will not be able to get a job despite my resume. It's like God is purposely screwing up my interviews and making me answer in stupid ways.

Please help me....

ANSWER: Your limits end at honest effort. Do that much and be patient. Things will happen as they have to, at the right time.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Is it alright to lie in these interviews or must one tell the truth all the time?

ANSWER: A lie does not take one anywhere. It only ends in more lies, which will all be eventually found out, putting one in a much more troublesome situation than the one in which he lied. One can avoid or remain silent in situations, where speaking the truth may cause harm to oneself or others, but should not lie.

ॐ तत् सत्

QUESTION: Also, sir, it seems that the way I behave now attracts a large amount of disdain from males. Males usually treat me with disdain and disgust while females treat me with intense attraction. When I'm networking, I cannot create the same impression on other people and people don't enjoy being around me. It seems like my career is falling apart around me and I don't know if I can do anything more. Even if you're a genius, if you're not close to other people or well liked, you can't do anything.

1. Your focus should be on Sadhana and not on what others think or don't think about you. One should reach the state where he is not affected by acceptance or rejection.

2. One's attitude should be -"Let that which happens happen. I will always remain true to the Lord, having surrendered to HIM, via Sadhana, being true to the tenets of Yoga." Then, it will eventually be realized that, that which was being affected was the Ego and not the self.

One's career does not fall apart because of Sadhana and Yoga. It is the Ego which falls apart.

2. All these are events in the dream to make the Jiva realize the fallacy and non-substantial nature of the Ego, which is getting affected by the reactions displayed in the world drama. When one learns to hold on to the state of the Atman and be at peace, the world no longer poses trouble.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.