Celibacy/Abstinence/Managing Body Heat

Dear Guruji, By the grace of the almighty, I have seen an increase in vitality in the spiritual, mental and physical facets of my existence further to maintaining celibacy and continence. However, when ever I put my self in the meditative state my prana surges upwards as expected, but recently the heat being generated is a little too 'intense'. So much so, that it throws me out of my meditative state. I have switched to cold showers but this is proving to be a short term solution. Your advice would be much appreciated.

With Humble Regard,

Twice a week, soak the head overnight with coconut or olive oil and wash the same away in the morning. This will releive the body of excess heat.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.