Celibacy/Abstinence/Special people / Charity
1) Why do some babies die inside mother's womb itself? Are they really blessed souls or the other way around? How this is viewed in case of someone willingly doing abortion?
2) Why are some people born with defects (physically/mentally challenged). How does this type of birth associated with the parents?
3) How does helping the special people in the name of charity contribute towards negating our negative karmas? Are there really concepts like blessings and curse exists in the realms of ordinary human beings?
1. The nature of 'Prarabdha karma' in case of that Jiva, for that existence is limited to life in the womb and not more. Past negative karma can manifest this way.
Those who willfully abort, or cause to abort an unborn child, intentionally, incur the severe karma of 'Brunahatya' (killing the fetus), for which, they later have to bear the consequences. Induction of life into a womb is divine decree, which man has no right to interfere with.
2. It is again the result of one's past, negative actions, which demands such suffering from birth defects. The parents may also have some negative karma, which makes them suffer the pain of living with and seeing a child with birth defects etc.
3. One can offer help, but without doership (I-ness). Helpful actions done with doership cause merit, to experience which, one has to be reborn again. Causing harm to others causes de-merit to experience which also, one has to be reborn again. Merit and de-merit do not cancel each other. Their results will be experienced separately.
Hence the wise do not indulge in meritorious actions with doership (but think "The Lord is doing this through the body & mind. I do nothing") and do not indulge in de-meritorious actions, which bring negative results.
ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)