QUESTION: Dhananjay?

Should I tell others about this website and Yoga? I want to let as many people know about it as possible because you are such a Guru. I want to help the world.

Is it wise to work, exercise, or even do intellectual work during digestion?

I turned a blind eye to a very many voices today. I enjoyed my day very much in the meantime, especially after giving testimony of Yoga in church, relating it to Christianity. There was a sort of power in not giving them attention. Also, I note another voice. He's directly in my head, toward the rear, and it is unlike any other. He doesn't come as often, but he did usually when I was about to do the right thing, after I did the right thing, or in order to prove the right thing to me. "Never second guess." Might it be my conscience? Maybe my God (or my Father in Heaven)!? There was a possibility of me being His Son, yet I'm not yet!?

ANSWER: 1. Do your Sadhana and be quiet.

2. Digestion occurs all by itself, in parallel. Not indulging in strenous physical activity for a while after a meal is advisable.

3. To hold on to the Atman (self) and be quiet is what is required. Everything else is to be ignored.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

This morning after my sadhana, or actually after my pranayama, I have been controlling my breath via my diaphragm ever since. I have been breathing less and I have had more concentration that I am actually widening as I go about my day. It's only been 3 hours. I feel that this is natural as according to your past instructions. I have been breathing less and am in more control of my body and mind. It seems that I use less oxygen and make use of the oxygen better. Is this closer to the atman?

My breathing is kind of tight, but I'm learning to let go of the tension as I still control it with less muscles.

It is normal for the breathing to slow down after Yoga Sadhana. Slow breathing takes the mind closer to the Atman. In Samadhi, breathing stops, as the mind is merged into the self. The slower breathing becomes, the more still gets the mind, helping one merge into the truth.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.