Celibacy/Abstinence/Abortion & gender determination.

Question
Dear Dhananjay,

India,China & a few other asian countries have witnessed a genocide level of infanticide of the female gender.Asians mostly have a predisposition towards a male offspring.As of 2011 60 million women are reportedly missing in india in purview of a balanced sex ratio.The future looks grim as no govt. effort is working.

I have 2 questions as below:

1)Is abortion for reasons like gender selection/handicap/deformed foetuses a crime as per vedas/shashtras/dharma.

2)Why such a fate has befallen women in asian countries.Is this nature's way of putting a barricade to the exponentially rising human population.  

I ask these questions on this forum as I believe without a balance of purush & prakriti in society many individuals in future will have lopsided personalities & thereby won't be able to reach a state of brahmacharya.

Answer
1. Aborting a fetus is incorrect action, which results in accrual of much negative karma.

2. The why and how of things is a matter concerning this world dream, based on the past karma of individuals.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay