Celibacy/Abstinence/Astral tube

Dear Dhananjay,

I have a question regarding the 'astral tube' that gets established between a man and a woman during intercourse. You have written that it takes a minumum of twelve years for this astral tube to dissolve.
What should I do when I have had intercourse with a girl in my youth (we had a relationship for about six months)eight years ago and I want to marry in the future? I didn't have intercourse with a woman since then, though I masturbated for some time. Should I wait another twelve years from now on before I marry? Or should I count twelve years from them time I had intercourse with this girl (I was twenty one then) When I marry I don't want the astral tube with my former girlfriend to interfere, like you described in a earlier post.

Many thanks,

Atma Sadhana helps dissolve such connections faster by getting one closer to his self. Do your Sadhana and relax. The rest, HE takes care.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.