Celibacy/Abstinence/Teaching others about meditation and brahmacharya

Since i practice brahmacharya and meditation I tried to change the life of some close friends which go to church by teaching them about spirituality and even the Bible according to this point of view. I told them the Bible teachings from the first to the last book is to "rest in the presence of God" which is by practicing meditation. But the only thing they replied to me was "what, what?". So this is totally alien to them. I explained them for example the psalm of David which is a popular book was almost all about states of mind and meditation, this is clear. The only thing they say is what you are talking about. So how could you change somebody? Those serie of quotes are all about the practice of meditation.

Psalms 4:5 Commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. –
Psalms 16:7 I will give praise to the Lord who has been my guide; knowledge comes to me from my thoughts in the night.
Psalms 23:2 He makes a resting-place for me in the green fields: he is my guide by the quiet waters.
Psalm 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
Psalm 131 - I Have Stilled and Quieted My
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, with our unveiled faces reflecting like mirrors the brightness of the Lord, all grow brighter and brighter as we are turned into the image that we reflect; this is the work of the Lord who is Spirit. —St. Paul, 2 Cor. 3:17-18
The center of the soul is God. — St. John of the Cross, Carmelite friar, The Living Flame of Love
The highest of all things desired is to become God. — St Basil the Great (4th century)

First achieve irreversible residence in the self, naturally, at all times, which is itself the Lord. You may then decide as regards advising others.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidyâ' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in 'Âsana' or physical postures is not Yoga. Âsana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, Âsana, Prânâyâma, Pratyâhâra, Dhârana, Dhyâna and Samâdhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.