Celibacy/Abstinence/Using running to burn off karma

Question
QUESTION: Is it okay to use running(like training for the Olympics) as a tool for meditation to burn off karma because of the strenuous  training.

I wanna get up to 100 miles per week. Is it healthy for long term?

Should I take on a sattvic diet even if I'm an athlete?

I'm 22 years old.

ANSWER: 1. Physical activity is beneficial when it is moderate and not extreme. Strenuous physical activity does not in any way help meditation. Rather, it becomes an impediment.

2. No. The human body is not designed for that. It will not be beneficial in the long run.

Eating meat does not pose a problem to an athlete, as long as there is commensurate physical activity in the form of training or practice to burn the same.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Okay. What if I reduce the 100 miles per week and made all the running easier and still got faster in the long run, would you support that?

My goal is to run a mile under 4 minutes, and I'll(with God's help) do it within 3-6 years or more, as long as I take the runs easy I'll be meditating at the same time. Doesn't this go along nishkama karma?

Also I thought eating meat wasn't good for karma because we're eating
a living being.

Sorry if the questions seem lame.

Answer
1. Running, if carried out, should be moderate and within limits. Pushing the body to extremes is not conducive to Sadhana. The human knee is not designed to withstand fast and strenuous running over a long period of time.

2. Working without attachment for the fruits of one's action is 'Nishkama Karma'.

3. The universal life force is working in all beings, be it plants, animals or even inanimate objects. The law of creation is not bypassed, as long as one consumes that which is required, just to the extent necessary for his sustenance, based on the nature of his activity.

Eating meat is not advised for the beginner aspirant as meat is highly 'Rajasic' (activating) in nature and thereby increases the chances of aggression, passion and unrest, which can cause a break. The past Vasana-s (impressions) are still very strong in the beginner, making him vulnerable to downfall.

Meat requires large amounts of physical activity to be properly digested and assimilated. A Yogi spending much time in meditation and Sadhana, in a sedentary manner hence does not require meat, which can become toxic under such low activity conditions.

This does not apply to an athlete indulging in high frequency physical activity. However, excessive physical activity will not leave much energy left for Sadhana. One should hence be moderate in all things, so as to conserve much energy for Sadhana.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay