Celibacy/Abstinence/How to evaluate worldly contact

Question
Hi Dhananjay,

I would like to know how an aspiring sadhu is to handle the following professional situation:

I was in a team to present an energy construction project to a board of government agencies. My team was unresponsive the entire project and one of the members was useless, who was incapable of contributing intellectually and was a drain. I pulled much of the project together.

However, on the day of the presentation, I mistakenly wrote down the wrong time and missed the presentation. My group was understandably mad. However, all everyone remembered was the fact that I forgot to show up at the right time.

My action: I sent a sincere message to everyone saying this was my mistake and that I had checked with the government agency, and no one would be penalized for my absence. Despite this, some group members did not even respond to urgent messages I sent out later. We have to finish the rest of the project now.

1) Was my action of taking responsibility appropriate?

2) How does one not get mad with buffoons?

3) Why are people not quick to forgive and forget?

4) How is an aspiring sadhu to handle the rest of the project? Despite knowing that the world is the play of the lord, why do I still have guilt and anguish for no reason?

Answer
1. To err is human. It suffices if one realizes his lapse and takes steps not to repeat.

2. The Ego driven mind gets caught in the unreal and holds on to unreal concepts such as vengeance & non-forgiving. One should do his duty in a detached yet efficient manner and give a wide margin to the undulations of other's behavior. The truth always shines in the course of time and sets everything right.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay