Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacarya and Body building

I have been practicing Brahmacarya, with many failings and restarting, for the past few years. within the last year and a half I have solidified the habit of limiting my ocial interaction with women, especially in private places. I have mostly eliminated the desire for company, but lust remains. Masturbation is my weak point.

I read that physical exercise is key to move energies into a different channel, but I also saw you recommend against body building. Why is this? I lift weights and I wonder if you mean body building for aesthetics, or any form of training for greater strength? I want to serve in the military and weight training is part of that, so Id like to know what about body buiding makes it unfit for part of brahmacarya.

1. There is no harm in natural body building, when done in moderation from the viewpoint of Brahmacharya. To be avoided are excessive and extreme workouts which tire the body to the extent where one does not have the mind or energy left for spiritual Sadhana, as it is not possible to maintain Brahmacharya through physical exercise alone.

2. Body building will naturally reduce in intensity after one reaches advanced stages of Brahmacharya in the quest for the self. Till then, one can take it up as an exercise for health & well being.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.