Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya at 28-29.

Hello, I started to practice brahmacharya at the age of 28, some weeks ago, Im almost 29 years old now. Since normally or the ideal world one should start to practice brahmacharya in his teen years after puberty, do we still get all benefits at age 28-29? I never practiced it before my late 28 years since I didnt even know there was such thing and even if heard (it was not my case, no internet nor lot of books at those times) at teen years, a common teen after experimenting sexual things cant understand brahmacharya entirely in my opinion although some saints and spiritual people practiced it since birth. But at 28-29 where the man is more mature in the head, do the body is capable of not only get the benefice of this practice but even reverse the aging process that occured previous to that and was consequence of a bullied life in teen years and unchaste life in the young adult years?

Everything transpires by HIS will alone. Based on one's evolutionary level and the will of the Lord, different people will be made to take up the practice, at different stages in their lives. Simply practice with honesty and devotion, so as to realize the self, without worrying about the results, and the best results destined to occur will come forth, at the right time.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.