Celibacy/Abstinence/Hand seals and meditation

Question
In my little experience I experimented that practicing meditation with hand seals (mudra) helps one to think less, in other words the mind becomes still for longer time and easier. ANd at bed for example when I lye down on my side before sleep I relax and maintain this mudra for let say an hour or two in a relaxed posture. In your opinion can you practice mudra when possible, even if one is not meditating as during sleep, watching movies or bus? The effect of a mudra is to rechannel the energy of the body inside so I thought that this can be practiced always. Thanks

Answer
1. It is enough if one goes to bed in the thought of the Lord. No mudra is required during sleep, as energy is harmonized into a state of equilibrium in sound sleep, all by itself.

2. The thumb represents the Supreme, the index finger represents the individual soul, the middle, ring and little fingers represent the causal, astral and physical bodies.

In 'Chin Mudra' used for meditation, the tip of the index finger is joined at the first phalange of the thumb so as to represent the merger of the Atman with the Paramatman (lord), with which, it is always integral, yet perceived as separate due to Maya. The other three fingers are pointed downwards, representing surrender, dispassion, and abandonment of the three bodies which one is not. The Chin Mudra, thus, represents communion with the Almighty, forsaking the Ego and the world. It is conducive to meditation.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay