Celibacy/Abstinence/Achieving meditation

question: I recently quit masterbation. I broke up with my girlfriend a couple wks ago, I started masterbating and then I stopped. I want to be able/willing to participate in another relationship in the future with bad images in my head.

I have sometimes tried meditation in the past but I did not try to really give it a shot. I mean I would do it a little here and there but nothing consistent. I was advised to use medidation as an outlet for the build up sexual energy.

Any recommendations with using meditation? or, specifically using it for controling the urges?

Hopefully I made some sense.

Thanks for your time

1. Meditation, which is merging the mind into the self, and the final stage of Yoga, cannot be achieved all of a sudden.

2. The preceeding 7 Anga-s of Yoga are to be reasonably perfected as a preliminary foundation.

Incorporate a life of Yoga with the related lifestyle first. Meditation then becomes reachable.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.