Celibacy/Abstinence/External attraction

Before this life of brahmacharaya (which has been successful in the physical sense for the past several weeks), I was an obsessive weightlifter and worked out obsessively. Furthermore, I received large amounts of attention from women, and I slowly gave up my old life of weightlifting/working out and focusing on the body to a life of spirituality dedicated to achieving the self.

However, I find my attachment to my body and my looks are still so great. Whenever I go to public places, women stare at me, and although there isn't a flood of lustful thoughts during the moment, there is usually a torrent of lustful imagination whenever I arrive to my room. Furthermore, I often find myself staring at myself in the mirror, checking the smoothness of my skin, flexing my muscles in the body. I know this is wrong, but the force of habit is too strong.

Any remedies to solve the situation?

ANSWER: Simply persevere with the required Sadhana, to realize the self, attributing all the seen beauty and strength to the Supreme alone. All desires for the non-self will taper in the course of time and eventually vacate. Then, one does not feel conscious of the body & the Ego. These work as mere extensions, under the will of the higher power, whatever be the nature of external activity.

(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Should one attribute the physical attraction to the beauty of this body and brahma-Tejas to God and think all beauty and strength comes from him and constantly remind oneself that he is nothing or should one identify with the abstract entity of the supreme soul, and think that the physical attraction applied towards him doesen't exist and belongs to the body and not him? Which method should I use? I am finally willing to give up the ego but I don't know the more potent method in my case.

One who does ardent Sadhana eventually starts to realize that the physical medium & world are only an unreal reflection on the screen of the absolute. Then, external sense attraction which is the effect of Maya does not trouble, for the reality is seen through.

ॐ तत् सत्

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.