Celibacy/Abstinence/Limitations in performing Asana-s

Question
Dear Lord Dhananjay,

I want to do aasanas precisely but my current reference book of Baba Ramdev (Yog: It's Philosophy and Practice) is vague with regard to systematic structure of practice, with gradual increase in intensity. I am obese and I can't immediately jump into your prescribed set of aasanas. My fitness is such that I can walk 30 mins without difficulty, touch the floor without bending knees, do halasana with legs not straightened and perfection far away but not do things like karna pidasana, sidhasana etc. I hope you get the general picture. Please advise me. There are no yoga schools here.

Answer
1. The set of Asana-s that aid Brahmacharya to realize the self have been mentioned in previous answers. It will suffice to practice those and perfect them gradually. Apply slow, regular and persistent efforts, to the extent possible; do not hurry. In the course of time, they will be fully mastered.

2. Look for a senior Asana practitioner, from whom these Asana-s can be learnt in person. Let your efforts at Yoga & Brahmacharya to realize the self be sincere and honest, with devotion to God. You will come across a person who will impart the details of Asana practice.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay