Celibacy/Abstinence/Dynamics of Prana and Self

Hello Again! A few questions regarding prana flow and transmutation. What happens to the flow of prana when ones mind is beginning to merge with the self? Does it begin to rise up towards the higher centers or does one still have to actively raise it through the yogic methods prescribed? (Pranayama, Asana etc). I recently read a post of yours where you mentioned that if energy is not being transmuted in the correct manner, it begins to stagnate in the lower regions causing Tamas and the related lethargy and inertia. I am experiencing highly tamasic traits within my mind. I meditate on the silence of the atman every morning with little to no effort since its become habit by the grace of god. However, everytime I try to initiate a cycle to habitualize other practices such as pranayama, i never gain the required momentum and it eventually fails. Thanks!

1. One's mind moves and eventually merges into the self only when Prana moves towards the higher regions (through the required practices). Correspondingly, Prana moves higher, only when the mind moves towards the self. Both move in tandem and are inseparable. Hence one should perform Sadhana on one side and also let go of all thoughts, following which the self alone remains.

2. In case of the beginner, adequate physical & mental work, along with the prescribed Sadhana is to be performed on a daily basis, if stagnation is to be avoided, along with dispassion for the ephemeral world. Then, energy automatically flows higher, and does not cause lethargy or inertia.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.