Celibacy/Abstinence/Who is God?

Question
I am a humble practitioner about 2 months along the path. I agree with and respect all your teachings. Except for your definition of God.

Sir, you always claim that God is somehow not only omnipresent but also in control and in full awareness of all beings and mechanisms. You even say that he pushes individuals toward self-realization.

I am a strong rationalist. In fact, I follow brahamcharya because to me it is rational to withdraw the mind away from fleeting external pleasures such as young women. Who is God? Is God a tangible being? Or is God simply the power of nature, the law of cause and effect (karma) that ensure that actions meet appropriate results? I find this unresolved questions a great impediment to my practice and awareness and would be most grateful if you could elucidate your views and teach me the truth.

Obeisances,
Preyas

Answer
1. Who are you? Who is asking this question?

2. One need not believe in the existence of God; but cannot deny his own existence, for you are aware of your existence.

3. In the rational approach, one does not believe in anything, except that which is tangible and comprehensible. So the first thing to be found out is who you are, for all other perspectives and view points of what is and what is not is based on your cognition of those things. It is not possible to know the truth about something without knowing the truth about the one who wants to know the truth.

For now, find the correct answer to this question. Then let us take up the matter of God, if that matter still remains.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay