Celibacy/Abstinence/Karma, Destiny, and Fate

Question
QUESTION: Guruji,

I previously asked you a few queries regarding a music competition that I had planned to attend. To remind you quickly, I am a young brahmachari who has been engaged in the practice for a few months.

Despite performing well at the event, politics ensued and I came back empty-handed in 5 categories although numerous individuals among the general public had thought I would have taken 1st.

A young girl of 15 won the grand prize. It was her first attempt.

How does one deal with such crushing disappointment? After laboring for 5 years, coming back empty-handed in each, only to witness the machination of politics and the administering of the prize to a 15 year on her first try? Granted, she was talented. But I had merited at least a 2nd prize in at least one category.

So many efforts, so much disappointment. By the law of karma, am I to assume that I am destined to not find true success? All I want is to make people happy with my vibrant and passionate singing. My music appeals to countless individuals. Yet I find myself stymied.

Is it right for me to blindly put my faith in my unswerving brahmacharya? I know that the realization of the self necessitates the destruction of the ego, but as a young man in his early 20s, I find that it is necessary to have self-confidence/ego in order to compete with other hungry youngsters. I do, after all, need to succeed in the material world to satisfy my needs and those of my parents and eventually have the money to open an eye ashram/scholarship center for disabled children with eye issues like myself.

What is one to do in such a grave predicament? All energies are thrown yet the universe seems to mock one in the face. It is painful. I have not received any recognition and seem to lack the cunning needed to infiltrate this political circle to win a grand award (Which will hugely boost my career).

Isn't the practice of brahmacharya in some way conducive to the development of a magnetic personality, one that can overcome obstacles and others? Thus far, I do not know and I stand before you confused and worried. Only your teachings can salve my wounds and establish me on the correct course of action at this time.

Humbly yours, Preyas.

ANSWER: When the one experiencing all these emotions is gone, when truth shines from all around, further to annihilation of ignorance, that which is due will come, to the extent deserved.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

QUESTION: Is that truly all there is? How can such a confusing topic be solved through the realization of the self? I ask because it seems as if cunning and political collaboration are the drivers of success in today's world. When you refer to "to the extent deserved", does that mean that success is just a derivative of whatever prior karma we carry?

Answer
To whom is the confusion? Realize it & let go of it. That which then remains is the truth. The entire world-show is staged with this objective and nothing else. Then, that which has to come will come. This is the way for you.

ॐ तत् सत्

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay