Celibacy/Abstinence/Morality vs. Dharma

Question
Dear Respected Guruji, I am a frequent reader of your page. Your gnyana has truly changed my life and rapidly accelerated my growth towards the self. Know that your pursuit of the self is also to be blessed by the supreme for the work you have done, are doing and will continue to do. I feel I should begin trying to uphold the values put forth in the ashtangas. However, sometimes in my life I am forced to go against those values due to the expectations my superiors at work have from my role as an employee. My understanding is (feel free to question its validity) that my work is inherently related to my dharma in this life time, therefore I try my utmost to fulfill my workplace duties with my best efforts. But how does one strike that balance between moral values such as speaking truth, causing no harm to other beings etc. and one's dharmic responsibilites?  

Answer if it be the will of the Supreme.
Humbly Yours,
Sahil

Answer
1. The nature of one's Atman (true self) is that of the Lord himself. Therefore, he who lets go of the Ego & surrenders himself to the Supreme (by merging the mind into the self), works as a mere extension of the Almighty.

Since such a person does not commence any work for personal gain (knowing there is nothing to be gained or lost in reality), the actions of such a man are the actions of God, and therefore always right. They automatically fall within the bounds of Dharma (righteousness). Such a person does not worry about what is right and wrong, for his mind, having surrendered to the Lord, remains neutral, without desire and anger. The Lord takes care of everything, and makes him do the right things.

2. It is enough if one holds on to the self. Dispassion, detachment and virtue are then the natural byproducts. One need not do anything special to acquire these, for these are one's very nature. 'Moksha' (liberation) is one's (Atman's) real nature. Liberation or self-realization are for the Ego and not the Atman. The Atman is always liberated. All that is required is to overcome identification of consciousness with the non-self (Ego, body & world). To achieve this, one has to perform continuous and unbroken Sadhana, at all times.

When this much is done, the Yama - Niyama-s occur by themselves. He who practices such restraint eventually becomes the embodiment of auspiciousness. The Lord does not let wrong actions to transpire from such a body & mind, for the one who performed wrong earlier is no longer in charge.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay