Celibacy/Abstinence/Bathing with cold water

Namaskaar Dhananjay,

Thank you very much for answering my last query.

I had a couple of doubts.

1.Since it is summer season,the water from overhead tanks is generally quite warm if not hot(sometimes hot too) and to bath with cold water,can we make it cold by adding ice into it?

2.I've read that a vegetarian diet lacks in vitamin b-12.Since I'm a vegetarian,I'm worried I might a develop a deficiency of the same.So,which foods should I resort to eating which do not hinder my sadhana and make for the deficiency too?

3.I was going through the past answers,in one of them("The dangers and effects of Porn, mixing with people"),you said that while viewing porn,a mental sexual union is established between the astral bodies of concerned persons.What happens when someone not watches but reads porn?Will the same effect take place?

1. Use water at atmospheric temperature, be it warm or cold. The Yogi should develop the ability to be unaffected by the extremes. This leads to 'Titiksha' (endurance), which in turn translates into the ability to be unaffected by the highs & lows of life, being fixed to the self. There is however no harm in adding ice, if one so wishes.

2. Dairy and related products, taken as suggested in past answers will do.

3. Visual activity is stronger than mental fantasy, as the object of lust is more specific. However, Brahmacharya fails in both cases.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.