Celibacy/Abstinence/Brahmacharya and agnosticism

Sir, I am in not Indian, I was raised as Christian catholic but in reality, im an agnostic since i had the age of reason. DO you feel someone could practice brahmacharya just to improve oneself even if I dont have strong religious belief? It not so much that i dont believe in religion, but i just dont have such a strong desire to adore something divine or a God like many other people do in churches or in front of statues, i feel its not in my personality. Are such things as wisdom or knowledge possible without much belief in God or divine things, for example they were sages who were not  particularly religious or adored divine beings like spinoza or COnfucius but were considered wise.

Do you believe in your existence? One may not know whether God exists or doesn't but cannot deny his own existence, for you are aware of your being. Brahmacharya can be practiced by all those who believe in their existence, to improve themselves in all fronts, attain to brightness, luster, strength, magnificence, and eventually realize who they are. One might later take a call on 'God', if that question still remains.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.