Celibacy/Abstinence/Origin of sexual thoughts

Hello, I have trouble controling the sexual urge.

In the book of Swami Sivananda it says : This world is nothing but sex and ego. Ego is the chief thing. It is the basis. Sex hangs on the ego. If the ego is destroyed by Vichara or enquiry of "Who am I?", the sex idea takes to its heels by itself.

How do you practice this enquiry method?

1. To destroy the Ego, one has to destroy the past Samskara-s (impressions) and Vasana-s (tendencies) which make the Ego.

2. This is achieved through dispassion for the world and by the requisite Sadhana. After long practice of such Sadhana, the seeds of past Samskara-s gradually weaken, following which, enquiry into the self gradually dissolves the 'I-ness' (Ego) & the self eventually shines.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)

Questions concerning the practice of 'Brahmacharya' to know the self, & the means required are dealt with here.

The term 'Yoga' is a derivative of the Samskruth verb 'Yuj' which refers to union. 'Yoga', also called 'Brahma vidy‚' is the eternal dissolution of the individual 'Aham' (Ego) into the Atman (self) for 'Mukti' (liberation). Mere indulgence in '¬sana' or physical postures is not Yoga. ¬sana is only one limb or 'Anga' of Yoga. The eight limbs viz. Yama, Niyama, ¬sana, Pr‚n‚y‚ma, Praty‚h‚ra, Dh‚rana, Dhy‚na and Sam‚dhi are the means to Yoga. Brahmacharya or spiritually based continence is one of the important components of 'Yama'. 'Brahmacharya':- "Brahmani charyathey ithi" - "To surrender one's Ego and go with the will of the Almighty."

Bachelors degree in Engineering.