Celibacy/Abstinence/Permanent Celibacy

Question
I need assistance with a complex dilemma. I am currently in a relationship and I have decided to become celibate for moral reasons, and as a guaranteed strategy to prevent pregnancy. Unfortunately, there is no method of birth control that is 100% effective, so if I decide to get married, I will continue to live a life of celibacy. Having children is absolutely not an option for me (long list of reasons). I do not need sex and feel perfectly content with never participating in the act again. The ramifications of the act are simply not worth it at all. My S/O is very unhappy with the situation, but refuses to leave the relationship (the door is open). I am constantly made to feel bad about my decision, which is unfair to me. I do not believe I should have sex only to please another person. I want to live a moral, sex free life in peace and serenity. Furthermore, an unplanned pregnancy would absolutely ruin my life to the point that I would no longer want to live. Celibacy makes me happy. Am I wrong for doing what I know is best for me?

Answer
So why don't you break up with him, if the problem is that he refuses to leave the relationship?  Sex is a normal part of a relationship and especially of a marriage.  If you don't want to have sex, the problem is yours, not his.  I don't see how never having sex is a solution to anything.

Celibacy/Abstinence

Doug Adams, Ph.D.