Celibacy/Abstinence/Decision making

Question
Hello Sir,

I am a 38 year old who has thankfully realized the error of his lustful ways, and who feels very grateful to know about Brahmacharya from your kind instructions.I am 2 months in to the practice, and feeling truly blessed with this life saving information.

My question is regarding important life decisions such as resuming study at university for example.I realize that in the first few months of Celibacy(and probably much further into it), one's ability to make intelligent decisions is severely compromised, and that one ought to simply take care of the basics(food, shelter, etc) first, and delay important decision making until one is better situated.Does this sound reasonable to you?

I am not working at all at the moment, although I am volunteering at a couple of places to keep in touch with people.Whenever some one asks me to take up this or that project, I immediately shrink from it, as though I simply don't want to take any extra stuff on.Is this feeling natural, and is it best to honor that feeling in the early days?I used to leave the country, take up courses that bored me, and generally not be able to sit still in the days before I came across brahmacharya.Now it feels like I need a good rest.

Thankyou very much for your response.

Warm regards.

Stuart.

Answer
1. All abilities (including decision making) improve further to the start of Brahmacharya. The truer Brahmacharya becomes, the better are one's faculties (be they mental or physical). There is no need to delay anything.

2. Do that which is required to earn your living and focus the rest of your energy in establishing Brahmacharya, along with the complete set of Yogic practices and lifestyle. Meditate often, striving to merge the mind into the self. With patience, perseverance and regular efforts, everything will stabilize by HIS grace.

ॐ तत् सत्
(That Supreme being is the absolute truth)  

Celibacy/Abstinence

Dhananjay